Windows System Administrator
|Location:||Nisqually Reservation, WA|
|Salary Range:||Starts at 29.46|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||NATURE OF WORK: This position has primary responsibility for backup and maintenance of the Tribal Government servers. As a member of Nisqually Tribe Information Technology (IT) Department, this position collaborates with other members of the Department to provide an information technology environment that is consistent with the goals of the Nisqually Tribe and meets the needs of Administrative staff and Nisqually Tribe employees.|
|Duties:||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
• Provide hardware, operating system, database, and application support for critical Tribal systems used in administering various Tribal programs.
• Knowledge and experience in a virtual environment such as Vmware Vsphere.
• Experience with VOIP Technology.
• Provide critical infrastructure to support the day-to-day operations of the Windows-based servers used by the Tribe.
• Work with management on strategic direction and initiatives.
• Perform and monitor daily server backup and weekly off-site tape rotation.
• Perform system administration of area-wide Windows servers including performing patch management, security monitoring, system hardening, and performance tuning and monitoring.
• Serve as the primary support for the web server and SQL server infrastructure.
• Management of Exchange email systems, including virus scanning, spam filtering and list creation and management.
• System Administration Duties include:
o Monitoring and supporting critical network services (e.g. IIS, DNS, DHCP and Email).
o Maintaining and monitoring the connectivity to off-site networks, including the Internet.
o Maintaining accounts for Tribal employees and staff.
o Maintaining and coordinating the security of the Tribal wide computer network.
o Writing applications using various scripts, macros and programming languages.
o Researching and recommending equipment and software solutions for stated needs.
o Supervise and guide IT technician staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Windows System Administration.
• Knowledge of the security issues of the Microsoft operating system and the ability to correct them.
• Knowledge of systems and network operations fundamentals, concepts and best practices.
• Ability to operate personal computers and demonstrate proficiency with Internet resources and networked environments.
• Ability to learn new technologies and assimilate new information quickly.
• Ability to install Windows Server 2003-2012 Operating Systems.
• Ability to manage and maintain Active Directory.
• Ability to create, deploy, manage, and implement best practices using Group Policy.
• Ability to administer all aspects of Exchange Server electronic email.
• Ability to manage/troubleshoot routers, switching and Firewalls.
• Ability to administer, manage and maintain a virtual infrastructure.
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and harmonious working relationships with a variety of administrative constituencies.
• Ability to make technical issues understandable and an ability to match technical opportunities to Tribal goals.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or direction.
• Ability and willingness to participate in rotation on-call support including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to frequently lift/move items up to 75 lbs required.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with managers, clients, customers and the Tribal community.
• B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field OR a comparable combination of experience and/or education.
• Systems Administration Certification for supported Operating System (Windows Server) preferred.
• Must successfully pass a criminal history background check.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.